22 September 2009

Meh

It's probably too early in the school year to be ready for a break, although I suppose we are already at the mid-point of the quarter. I've still not really found any redeeming qualities for my 5th hour, the class as a whole has the personality of wet lint. No one talks in class discussions, I feel like I'm spoon feeding the material and it's torture. I dread that class. On the other hand, I looooooove my AP classes so far. They're very fun, have personality and even if they occasionally make me crazy, there's just something entertaining about them.

Anyways, I'm thinking this may be the year I actually use a few of my sick days as mental health days. Plenty of my co-workers do, but I always felt a bit guilty about doing that. We'll see.

The other thing that's causing a bit of angst is that I'm still not getting accustomed to seeing Jon only once a week. With our opposite schedules (I work from 7am to 3:3opm and he works from 3pm to midnight) we see each other once a week, twice if we're lucky (he works Tuesday to Saturday, me: Monday to Friday). It's very tough. I feel like we never see each other and that's pretty crummy. I know it isn't permanent, but I still don't like it. I try to just focus on the fact that we both have jobs, and in this economy (especially in Michigan-hello 15% unemployment) that's what matters.

Some days are just tough though. :(

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Not even just ordinary lint, but wet lint? That's bad. ;)

sasha said...

Yes, wet lint. I completely lost it with them today. Only two kids in a class of 26 did the reading. It was enraging.

Sherri said...

I know you won't believe me, but trust me: years from now, when you've settled into a married routine and he's leaving weird pube-looking hairs in the bathroom, you'll wish you only saw him once a week. I know from experience.